Thursday, October 28, 2004

BBC's 'The Power of Nightmares'

What a brilliant series the BBC's The Power of Nightmares is turning out to be. I can't remember the last programme I watched that made such illuminating connections and insights. The parts about the US neoconservatives and their attempts to bring down Clinton, and the Reagan administration's refusal to work with the Soviets for the good of Afghanistan in the 1980s were particularly interesting. Just shows you that we really lose perspective on events I think with our instant new analysis. You look back just ten years and patterns emerge that you couldn't see at the time. The next and final part is on Wed 10 Nov.

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Vic taped last night's, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. You don't know anyone who taped the first one, do you? Wanna see that.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Powerful Pierre said...

No, I'm afraid I taped over it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home