Friday, January 21, 2005

KT Tunstall

Interesting article about KT Tunstall in the Independent today. She has got a lot of attention recently, not least from appearing on Jools Holland's show. The interview talks about the compromises she has made to get her album out in terms of "meeting the record company half way." I personally think this is a shame, as it seems she hasn't really made the sort of album she would like to. I guess it's the age old dilemma, to take the major label route with the money for promotion and touring and all the rest of it, or try the Kathryn Williams approach and set up your own label.

I'm going to see KT Tunstall at the Komedia in February, so I will post again on what she is like live.

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger s said...

Oh, that's interesting! I wonder whether Will Young feels like that... I bet you're going to see KTT with a fine lady, aren't you? ; )

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Will Young doesn't care! He's got everything, damnit - tunes, money, a fun gay lifestyle, those cloth caps that only him and Andy Capp wear.

There's a rambling thing about that KT Tunstall interview over on my blog, but I think it's a bit sixth form :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home