Friday, July 01, 2005

Jamie Lidell - Pavilion Theatre, Brighton


Jamie Lidell
Originally uploaded by powerfulpierre.
Having seen Jamie Lidell at the Dome in March last year at a night of various music including Squarepusher, London Sinfonietta etc and being blown away, I was really keen to see him live again. His new album reminds me of Prince and Stevie Wonder, but live he didn’t do many of the tunes, many about four. He really puts on a great show though, helped hugely by Pablo Fiasco on visuals. I just would have liked to hear more of his singing and slightly less cut up beats, good though they were.

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the Lidster. Particularly as he shares a name with my matey!

Yeah, he could've played more tunes A Little Bit More!

s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home